Announcements and Important Events
THIS WEEK IN CFS ATHLETICS
December 17, 2018
- We have a busy week ahead, leading into our winter break! Please check below for schedule details. Some highlights from the weekend:
- Wrestling- CFS finished 3-2 at the Springfield Duals. Emmanuel Lawal, Sebastian Corrales, Noel Gilgeous, and Edwin Kent all went 5-0 on the day. CFS Wrestling travels to face Lower Moreland and Faith Christian on Wednesday.
- Basketball- CFS fell to Lower Moreland on Saturday, 56-41. The Griffins are 3-1 on the season, with two home games this week (Tuesday vs. Calvary Christian, Thursday vs. Glen Mills). Congrats to JV for a thrilling double-overtime victory on Saturday!
- Winter Track- At Lehigh on Saturday, several Griffins came back with strong results. Josiah Charles placed 3rd in the shot put, CJ Mulcahy 4th in the long jump, and our 4x400 relay team placed 5th. RESULTS
- Bowling- Big 4-0 win over Holy Ghost Prep last week! The Griffin bowlers travel to Jenkintown and Dock this week.
- Be sure to follow @CFSAthletics on Instagram (photos), Twitter (scores/highlights), and Facebook (articles/highlights)! If you take photos, please share!
- The 32nd CFS Wrestling Invitational is coming up on Saturday, January 12th! We will welcome fifteen teams to compete for team and individual trophies. We are in need of many volunteers for this event, to work a scoreboard or bout sheets for either the morning or the afternoon shift. Please respond if you’re interested, and let me know whether you prefer the 9:15 or 1:30 shift. Students receive community service credit, and all volunteers get a fresh hoagie as well as snacks and drinks. We would be happy to have parents and alumni involved, so please spread the word!
- Home Event Spectators- We pride ourselves in a great home advantage for events! Be loud, have fun, with lots of positive support for our teams. Refrain from any negative comments or cheers toward the officials, the other team, or other fans. Always sit together in seating the same end as our team bench. In our gym, this is the far end of the stands, the near end is reserved for our guests.
- Attendance- 10th-12th grade students are welcome to attend evening home contests with permission from your cottage faculty. Those on academic coaching must remain in the cottage for study hall. 9th graders may only miss study hall if you are on Honor Roll, and must have permission from cottage faculty ahead of time.
- Schedules for the season can be found at http://churchfarmathletics.com/. Please note that the “spirit stores” on these sites are NOT selling our official gear, which can be purchased here at school or online at our CFS SCHOOL STORE. We will update separately when CFS Athletics gear is available.
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Please follow dismissal and departure times carefully. (*-change from original schedule. #-teams not expected to return for dinner)
- Bowling- Away vs. Jenkintown HS (1:15 dismissal for 1:30 departure, #)
- JV Basketball- Home vs. Calvary Christian (5:30)
- Varsity Basketball- Home vs. Calvary Christian (7:00)
- *9th Basketball- Game postponed to Wednesday at Devon Prep
- Vacation Departure (Stay safe and warm!)
- Over Break
- Thursday, January 3- Varsity Basketball and selected Winter Track athletes return
- Saturday, January 5- BAL Classic at Dock Mennonite (4:00 game vs. Bristol HS) Dock Mennonite Academy
- Saturday, January 5- Winter Track at Lehigh University (8:30 am meet) Lehigh Rauch Fieldhouse
- Sunday, January 6- Winter Track at Ursinus Open (8:30 am meet) Ursinus Field House
- Monday, January 7 (return day)- Varsity and JV Basketball, home vs. Kennett HS (5:30 JV, 7:00 V)
THE BEST IN ATHLETICS
- CFS Bowling is honored to dedicate their season to the memory of Mrs. Nathania Thompson, late mother of Anthony Thompson ’19. Please visit the following link to read more about Mrs. Thompson and this wonderful CFS family: LINK
- One year ago: CFS Wrestling Head Coach Art Smith picked up career win number 300. He’s now at 306: LINK
- Follow @BALAthletics on Twitter for updates from around our league. Our league website, www.balsports.com, is currently under reconstruction.
“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”- John Wooden