Announcements and Important Events
THIS WEEK IN CFS ATHLETICS
January 19, 2020
- Best wishes to all students on your midterm exams! The schedule is light this week to aid in your exam preparation, with no contests on Monday through Thursday. We do still have scheduled practices each day, though many will be lighter or modified. It is important that our teams keep progressing, and daily exercise is still quite valuable, especially during exam time! If you feel you need additional consideration in your exam prep, speak with your coaches or come to the athletics office.
- Weekend Updates:
- Varsity Basketball- Congratulations to the Griffins for a big win on Friday night in front of a huge crowd, 63-56 in overtime over Collegium Charter. Thanks to everyone who came out and made it a thrilling environment for a great game. This past Saturday’s games at Dock Mennonite have been postponed to 2/6.
- Winter Track- The Griffins enjoyed a snowy Saturday morning at Haverford College, with Jason Lavoe winning gold in the 200m dash and Daylon Shackelford placing 4th in the high jump, clearing 5-8. You can see video of the jump (from Coach Wrice), as well as other highlights and photos, on @CFSAthletics IG here: LINK
- Wrestling- CFS lost a dual with Great Valley on Friday, 55-21. Full results HERE, including forfeit wins for Lawal and Utobunwa-Nwachukwu, a pin by Christian Reyes, and the first CFS win for Frank Colantuno. Selected Griffin grapplers will head to the Coal Cracker Invite this coming weekend.
- Bowling won’t compete again until next Tuesday, but stayed hot last week with 3-1 wins over Jenkintown HS and Dock Mennonite! The Griffins will be back rolling next week trying to chase down Bristol and Morrisville.
- Be sure to follow @CFSAthletics on Instagram (photos), Twitter (scores/highlights), and Facebook (articles/highlights)! We would be happy to share photos that you take, please share them with us!
THIS WEEK’S SCHEDULE
Please follow dismissal and departure times carefully. (*-change from original schedule. #-teams not expected to return for dinner)
- Practices (Afternoon exams for many on Tuesday, including all 9th grade students)
- Wrestling- At Panther Valley Coal Cracker Invitational (Continued) Panther Valley High School
THE BEST IN ATHLETICS
- Congratulations to Timi DanSalami (’21), who earned a promotion from JV B Basketball to the JV squad. Timi has been working hard, and performing well, and the promotion is well-deserved. You can see Timi receive his new jersey, with his supportive teammates cheering him on, at this link: LINK
- CFS seniors Nolan Savage and Youssouf Diamoutene are working with the CFS Athletic Department this season, and learning a lot about what it takes to run an athletic department. You’ll see them helping with event management, working the scorer’s tables, and working hard in the uniform room. We appreciate their work!
- Follow @BALAthletics on Twitter for updates from around our league. Our league website is www.balsports.com.
“Keep feeling the need for being first. But I want you to be the first in love, first in moral excellence, and first in generosity.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.